Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Little Pinspiration!

So we moved to California to escape the Washington gloom. But even California has gloomy rainy days (gasp! weird, I know) and every time it rains I am reminded how much I want a pallet doormat. Our doormat turns into a soggy mess. We have tons of scrap wood at camp and I am ready to turn this
our current doormat, drowning in the rain

into this







Also, I am going to attempt to make my own bedskirt. We put our bed on risers since we have a miniature house with not a single closet for storage, and under our bed stores everything. Our bedroom currently looks like this:

and I want to add more yellow. I love that soft blue but its in our living room too so I need to brighten up one to also differentiate haha.

What do you think of this fabric? I would make coordinating pillow also. Opinions?
{source}

Yes, it's a curtain from World Market. But I like it! :)

11 comments:

Molly S. said...

I LOVE both. The doormat is adorable!!!! Also love love the fabric for bed skirt. You at you Mrs. Crafty :) Have a good day pretty lady!

Lauren said...

I love these projects!! I think they're great ones and can't wait to see how yours turn out :)

Laina said...

i LOVE those curtains! i've used world market tablecloths as curtains before and you can buy the napkins and make pillows out of them. i just buy one napkin per pillow and sew a neutral linen color on the back! Can't wait to see it all finished!

BeckyJo606 said...

I love those welcome mats! I've never heard of them, but I think I want one! Hope you're having a great day! :)

Renee Arianna said...

You are such a little homemaker!! I love it! And that pallett mat. Thank you for that idea! Now I want it too! haha. Did you power and all that come back on from the snow? I think I saw that on twitter!

Kasey Lynne said...

That curtain is SO cute!! I vote for that one :)

Jamie LaFuze said...

The doormat is adorable!!! I love it! And I think pillows with that fabric would look so cute in your room. I'm terrible at interior design so I'm always on the lookout for cuteness I can add.

henning love said...

that colored door mat is great and i heard it is suppose to rain again next week, get that mat before it does! i love world market and that curtain print is great! hope you had a great weekend!

Karen said...

These are great- I heart Pinterest! That doormat is so cute! :)

<3 Karen from
simplylovethisblog.blogspot.com

... said...

That doormat is such a great idea! So fun! :)

Unknown said...

I like DIY projects! You have the cutest blog :)