Monday, February 6, 2012

Makeover Monday Link-Up {Blush, Bronzer, etc.}







It's my favorite day of the week! Just kidding. But I do like writing these posts every week!

Blush! Bronzer! Highlighters! Woohoo!
please excuse my silliness... it's been a longggg day (I'm writing this Sunday night) and I think I am still on a high from meeting some fabulous girls yesterday!

Here are what I use for the goods. The other day, I was trying a new eye look and I was so focused on that, I forgot to put on blush. When I had done my eyeliner and mascara [I always do those very last] I looked at myself and thought "why do I still look so plain?" and realized I had completely forgotten my blush. That is when I realized how important it is! 

Confession: I have very rosy cheeks so sometimes I just put a little bronzer on the edges of my face & it looks like I have blush on already.

Anyyyyyways.

Bronzer:
Love this stuff. I've used it for 5 years [!!!] now and I will probably never change. It lasts forevverrrr because it's huge! like four inches across. It is the perfect amount of pigment, not orange, and layer-able. 

I dust on my temples, tip of my nose, chin, and edge of my cheekbones [near my hair line]. Sometimes I just do this, on days I am super rosy. On days I'm not...

Blush:
 "Fair skin looks great with fuschia blush!" -girl at the MAC counter while helping me choose wedding makup.
I did not believe her. Then I tried it... my life has forever changed.
MAC Sheertone Powder Blush in Coygirl [not on the website! boo!]
I never pick bright blushes so this was hard for me to even try. Remember, I told you I am set in my ways! But I really really love it & it doesnt look so obnoxious on me! It really does look pretty with fair skin :)


Some other favorites include: 
CoverGirl Cheekers in Party Peach
and 
BareEscentuals Rose Radiance


And if I'm really goin' the extra mile, I will use an illuminator/brightener/highlighter powder. It's truly magical...

Highlighter:
MAC Pigment in Vanilla


Like honestly, heavenly. Dust a little on the tops of your cheekbones and inside your eye.. amazeballs.
Also a pretty eyeshadow :)


***********************************************************


Here is a picture of me wearing the bronzer, MAC blush, and pigment on our wedding day. [also the foundation & skin routine from past weeks!] I think it looks alright!




Well girls that's all I've got for you today! Can't wait to see what the rest of you use! And again, thanks for linking up!


PS: Next week's topic is in honor of Valentine's Day. "Pucker Up!" Share your favorite lip shtuff!! Yay!

8 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

I LOVE covergirl blush! I used to wear mac but tried out Covergirl in Plum Plush and now I will never go back. and I ALWAYS wait for a $1 off coupon making it about $2! and you look so gorgeous in your wedding pictures! just stunning!

... said...

I love MAC bronzer and blush! You are so beautiful!

Raquel said...

I really like the Covergirl blushes! I had this gorgeous peachy one, but I can't find it :(

Molly S. said...

You look STUNNING!

andersa9 said...

I absolutely love your blog! I'm a new follower :)

http://blondesguidetotheworld.blogspot.com/

Ashley said...

i am more than mildly addicted to bronzer!! so this post was awesome - i want to try them all. i've only tried NARS and Dior....both amazing!

Anna Elder said...

I'm obsessed with blush even though I hardly ever finish one. My absolute favorite is Benefit Dandelion and Benetint. I have a really pretty soft pink from revlon that I like a lot.

Ps you were a stunning bride!

Johanna said...

Such a pretty wedding pic of you!