Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Liebster Award

*Disclaimer: This post is way overdue*

I started this blog for no reason other than to occasionally write when my head felt like it was so full of thoughts it was going to burst. I had NO idea where it would take me and how much I would fall in love with blogging. I also had no idea how many incredible friendships I would make along the way and how dear to me these girls would become! 

With all that said.... I am incredibly honored that not only one, but two people awarded me with a Liebster Award! 

Renee blogs at This Wont Hurt A Bit and I am loving getting to know her recently!

Victoria blogs at Vibrantly Victoria and I have so much respect for this girl.. she's on a serious weight loss journey & is so inspiring!

Thank you sooooo much Renee & Victoria. It honestly means so much to me!

......and as I was writing this post and reading my friends' blogs I noticed that Jamie  [News From LaFuze] also sent this my way. Seriously, love her.  I get to meet her on Saturday and I just might pee I'm so excited. I was about to give her the award but she beat me to it :)

So I guess I got three awards. I'm like about to cry... I've never felt like I was "good" at anything before and this whole blogging thing just brings me so much confidence and the best part? It's confidence in me.  I do this for me, I write about me, and whats on my heart. SO THANK YOU LADIES!! Seriously, you are making my week!!

Ok... moving on :)



Liebster is German for loved, beloved, dear, favorite, or something like that.
and this award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers to bring attention to their blog.

The rules to this award are as follows:

#1. show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
#2. award the award to five of your favorite bloggers with less than 200 followers & link them.
#3. post the award on your blog.
#4. bask in the love from the most supportive people on the internet - other bloggers of course!
#5. and best of all - have fun & spread the LOVE.

This is really hard to choose.. but here goes:

Laina [recycled interiors] *she just had a baby! thismorning.
Lauren [lauren darlings]

Love those girls. Their blogs are worth your time. Plus I like to think that they are my 
friends, and I like to show off my friends :)


Until next time! Yes I broke the rules and picked 6. I just had to, okay!?


PS: Fun facts.... Allyce was actually my manager when I worked as a restaurant host a few years ago (and I got to do her wedding hair), and Laina was friends with Zach in high school and he introduced me to her blog! Crazy, huh.

11 comments:

Ali Raney said...

Thanks for the nomination sweetpea! Your blog is awesome - and you deserve the accolades! Hope you're having a great day lovely.
xo

Samantha said...

Aw congrats on your award!! :)

Sam

Ashley Shelley - The Christian Wife Life said...

Thanks so much! You = awesome. I'm gonna check out the other blogs in this post too - I'm sure I'll like em if you do! :)

... said...

Congrats on the award friend!!

Allyce said...

Katie! You're so sweet! Congrats on your awards, I can't DEFINITELY understand why you received them--your blog has grown, you are interesting and you write from the heart!

Thanks for passing on the love, girl!

Molly S. said...

Ahhh you deserve this SO much!!! & I can totally relate to the confidence and I'm so glad it has brought you that!! Hope you had an amazing day!!!

Victoria said...

You are simply AMAZING katie, you are one of my blog FAVS. I am actually adding you to my blog today on my sidebar :) Thanks for the tag!!! Keep rockin it out. :)

-V

Renee Arianna said...

You are completely amazing love! As evidenced by three people jumping at the chance to give you this love! :) You are sweet and talented and entertaining! I love reading what you write! Keep it coming sister! :)

Jamie LaFuze said...

You are so blessed and very deserving of this award! Can Saturday come tomorrow????

Kelsey Cunningham said...

congrats on the award! so glad you are coming to the meetup - can't wait to meet you on saturday!!!

kelsey

Laina said...

Hey girl I just saw this, a little late but thank u do much!!! You are so kind I will be passing this along but it may take a few weeks with this Lil guy taking up all my time :) but I just wanted to say thank u so much!!