Friday, January 20, 2012

Follow Friday & a Request for Prayer




I am loving Hollie's idea for Follow Friday blog version!



I'm a little uninspired to post anything today. You may have seen this tweet  from me yesterday...
 I found out yesterday that my grandma (I call her Mana -- like mama but with an 'n') has ovarian cancer. She has been in the hospital for 2 weeks and got to go home on Tuesday & I thought that meant everything was a-okay. I was heartbroken when my mom called yesterday to say the doctor's called with biopsy results that showed ovarian cancer. 

My dad's mom passed away from breast cancer, and Mana has had breast cancer too, so I am just praying that God will heal her! She is so young & active & plus, she said being a great-grandmother is on her bucket list. I am not ready to make you a great-grandma just yet, Mana! 

Mana is so strong, I know she will fight this will everything she has. I am just a little sad today. 

I am not posting this for sympathy, but to ask for prayer. Please pray for healing for my sweet grandma! Thank you, friends.

“For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds,” says the Lord. 
-Jeremiah 30:17








Here are my Mana and Papa, who've been married for over 50 years.

  I love you both so much and look up to you now that I am married. Thank you for supporting me through everything I've ever chosen to do, I love you dearly. Stay Strong Mana!!!

*******************************


And on a lighter note, don't forget to link up with Molly and me for Makeover Monday - Haircare edition! [my personal favorite] This coming Monday!







11 comments:

Holly said...

Definitely sending prayers!
xoxo

Allyce said...

Katie- Thinking of you and your family and definitely praying for your grandma-she sounds like a wonderful woman.
xoxo

jessica dukes said...

i am kinda like you lately with the post, my dad has had a hard time lately and i can't get out of the funk of worrying about them. i am praying for your sweet family.

Laina said...

i am so sorry to hear that, you and your Mana are in my prayers!!

Ruthie Hart said...

Oh Katie...I am lifting you and your family and your grandmother up!!!!

Kasey Lynne said...

Sending my prayers to you and your family.

... said...

Praying for you and your sweet grandmother Katie :)

Katelyn said...

Hi, I found your blog through Hollie's link-up and am a new follower. Your Mana and your family are definitely in my prayers! God is love.

katelyn-innervision.blogspot.com

- Katelyn

Kori said...

Hey honey! I'm a new follower! I found you through the So Cal Blogger meet up...can't wait to meet you in person! Have a fabulous weekend! Kori xoxo

www.blondeepisodes.com

Jamie LaFuze said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Mana, and please know you and her are in my prayers!

Ashley said...

so sorry to hear this news katie....will definitely pray for your grandma.