Thursday, January 26, 2012

Restoration


Today was a no good, very bad, terrible, awful day. But thankfully, we have a God that restores our hope.

Seriously, today was one of those days that just sucked. It started off with me not feeling well, then everything with my grandma just hit me and I was super emotional, work was SO busy -- and not feeling good and being emotional wasn't really helping all that at all

Rewind to last night. I was working on my quilt I am making for our nephew, and getting frustrated. None of my rows are lining up right and they are turning out all crooked and well basically no one else will ever notice. I am such a perfectionist that it was making me crazy! Then I was thinking about it in the shower (where I do all my best thinking) that it kind of pertains to my life. Not everything in my life always lines up just right. Sometimes things turn out a little lop sided. 

But that's just how life is. And that is why we need Jesus. On our own, we cannot straighten our paths or align things just right. We can't make it through a hard day without crying. 


Being a Christian doesn't mean things won't get hard. And it doesn't mean that you'll always be happy. It means that I have someone to lean on, someone who loves me 100%. He will never love me less, He will never love me more. And He cares about my heart, He knows my grandma is sick, He hears the crying out of my prayers.

He gives me energy to finish a hard day. He gives me hope in healing. He gives me a sunset each night that says just how much He loves me, and He loves you too.

Yes we suffer. But He sees that. And He restores us. He gives us that hope & a reason to trust Him. 

I thank God for restoring my heart, because I know I definitely couldn't walk through this life alone.

Photo from my coworker Michael Keleher

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ,
 after you have suffered a little while, 
will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.
1 Peter 5:10

11 comments:

Ruthie Hart said...

I agree with you...I feel like some people who are checking out faith feel like if they are a Christian, God will make them rich and happy. Being a Christian means you are real! Things happen, we just give our troubles to the Lord. Hang in there girl, praying!

Nicole said...

Agree so much. Feel better.

www.nmephotoblog.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

I'm sorry you had a bad day :(

Renee Arianna said...

I need reminders like this often! I couldn't walk through this life alone either.

Kate @ Daffodils said...

wow, this almost brought tears to my eyes. Such a beautiful way to deal with your struggles. Hoping for a better day for you tomorrow!

Erin James said...

what a good reminder :) love that photo too and the 1 Peter scripture.
just found your sweet blog, now following!

XO
erin

sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

Jamie LaFuze said...

I totally needed to hear this, especially this week! God hears all of our needs, He hears the deepest desires of our hearts, and it is overwhelming when we realize this and let God's beauty enter our lives. Thank you for the honest and beautiful post!

Unknown said...

I've learned a lot about hope in the last couple of years. It really is the thing that keeps us going. Found your blog through Renee's! She nominated me too for the Liebster award and thought I'd check out your blog! I'm now following! :)

Anna Elder said...

I had a horrible day yesterday. It's just been a rough week. Hope things are looking up! Have a wonderful weekend. :)

... said...

A lot of people think that Christians don't have any problems..like we have been "healed" or something. That is not the case. We need to fail. To hurt. To know know what else to do...but turn to Jesus. He is our strength and our provider! He gave us the showers in which we do our best thinking in! :)

Kasey Lynne said...

AMEN.

Thank you for the encouraging post. What a great reminder!