Thursday, January 19, 2012

If we went to coffee..



Since I live on top of a mountain with no friends in sight, we're having an online coffee date.. mmkay??





  • I would admit I have a love/hate relationship with Proverbs 31 because I feel it is unreachable. But, that is my insecurity speaking and overall I love that God loves us enough to give us a clear example of how to be a Woman of God.


  • I would tell you that I woke up this morning with a super bad sore throat. I am thankful I already had the day off but fear calling in sick tomorrow if I don't get better! We have a full camp coming in and I know I need to be there to finish up getting it ready. Since I live an hour from any sort of doctor, it's kind of a gamble whether or not to go!

  • I would also tell you that I really want to see Beauty and the Beast but Zach does not want to go with me. Any So Cal bloggers want to go with me? Pretty please?? (do I sound desperate or what?)

  • I would also tell you that the friends I've made through blogging have honestly kept me from from becoming lonely here. I love where I am working, I absolutely am happy here. But I am such a people person that I need social interaction with people who have similar views/humor/interests as me. And through blogging, I have found that. So, thank you.

  • I would admit I am 100% addicted to How I Met Your Mother. I absolutely cant stop watching it. It is so funny!!

  • I'd tell you how adorable it is that Zach just got his new juicer in the mail and first thing this morning drove an hour to the market to get all his veggies and fruits. I am so excited he is inspired by all the documentaries {1 / 2 / 3} we've been watching and will totally support him in this adventure! 


  • That I want to put more hair advice on my blog and I don't know what to tell.. kind of how healthy people dont know how to share because its common sense to them & they dont realize what the rest of us dont know. What do y'all want to know?! I love sharing hair stuff.

  • I'd also tell you that I hate feeling complacent. I hope to always be reaching for something bigger and better for me, for Zach, and for our marriage. I ordered Real Marriage & the workbook off Amazon and cant wait to receive it and go through it together.

  • I also ordered Believing God for myself, because sometimes I need help in that department.

  • I'd bashfully admit that I led our staff devotion yesterday & everyone told me I did a really good job. I don't like being in front of people and I have trouble believing in myself. I am trying to believe that I am capable of bringing God's word to adults and not just High Schoolers, but I still struggle. I am so thankful that God gave me the the courage to stand up and do so though!

  • And I'd tell you thanks for having coffee with me :) Let's do it again some time.

What would you tell me on our coffee date?

11 comments:

Samantha said...

Aw I love this post! I would DEFINITELY go see Beauty & the Beast 3D if I was in SoCal! :)

Sam

Holly said...

I definitely want to see Beauty and the Beast! :)
and we're thinking about buying a juicer too! :)
Great post

... said...

Ha ha....I still cannot believe where you live. It's so absolutely gorgeous! :) I feel so overwhelmed by Proverbs 31. I know there is no way I can live up to that, but so blessed that God gives us an example of ways to try and live for Him. Sorry you woke up sick today :( I woke up with a migraine. Boooo! :( I wold see Beauty and the Beast with you if I could! I have a friend whose fiance is obsessed with his juicer too! :)

Ruthie Hart said...

I love this!! And I would love to have coffee with you girl, we would probably chat for 203128 hours!! I agree with you on so many things...blog friends rule! proverbs 31 is so amazing and ideal just VERY hard, and that is AWESOME you continue to work on your marriage...that needs to happen always! I am so glad your sore throat is subsiding! Hang in there!

Megan at Megan Can said...

Love Beauty & the Beast. I saw it on broadway right before Christmas & it was amazing! Hope you find someone to go with you!

Jamie LaFuze said...

I love our coffee date! I read a book called Beauty by the Book and it helped me better understand how to attain Proverbs 31 woman status, because I, too, thought that it was completely unattainable. We LOVE how I met your mother, it's our Monday night "date". Also, I love that you are working in your marriage. I have been convicted of this lately, and my desire is to be more intentional with my husband.

henning love said...

hey beauty and the beast yes i'll go see it with you!! and i hate feeling complacent too ugh the worst feeling in the world for me. and when it hits me, it hits me hard and then i get in a funk and get all crazy trying to figure out how to get out of my complacent state. hey girl i wanna email you and ask you something k?

Renee Arianna said...

Really great post!! I like it a lot! And I need some serious help with my hair girl! What's your favorite dry shampoo? How can I help my split ends out? My hair is so weak. What are the best ways to maintain your hair color between appointments? Probably my first time commenting. Pretty sure I found you through twitter? I love that verse above and I think it is something all women should strive to emulate. And I am 200% addicted to HIMYM! Could watch it all day. Hope you feel better dear!

Danielle Winborg @Sugar Blossom Boutique said...

HI! I'm a new follower from the friday follow fest. Your blog is lovely and i can't wait to read more. my hubby and i are addicted to how i met your mother, too ;) oh, and my husband insisted we take our kids to see beauty and the beast in theater, funny, huh??

Kasey Lynne said...

I know where you're coming from when it comes to Proverbs 31. So amazing how much God loves us.

HIMYM = HILARIOUS.

I'll have to keep Real Marriage on the book wish list once me and my fiance get married this summer.

Let's definitely do this again sometime :)

Charlotte said...

I agree 100% with the blogging keeping you busy and helping you have friends! I feel the SAME way!!! I've been wondering why I haven't been lonely since I have moved, but I think blogging has filled that void because I have new friends and my friends back home have been keeping up!