Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Peanut Butter Protein Cookies


I don't bake very often, because usually baked goods upset my tummy {more on my tummy later. another post for another day}. Last year, my health obsessed roommate used to make these babies all the time and I loved them because they dont hurt my stomach AND they're good for ya! She found the recipe in Oxygen mag & I adapted a few things. Thanks Mariesa :)

Ingredients
1 large egg
1 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1 1/2 cup whey protein powder [vanilla, chocolate, or unflavored. I use Chocolate]
1/4 cup pure cane sugar [or 1/4 cup sugar substitute]
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract



Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly beat egg. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Form little balls with your hands and place on lightly greased baking sheet. Don't use stonewear, they STICK!! Bake for 12 minutes. Balls will puff up lightly brown. Cool for a few minutes before eating. Only 100 cals each if you roll into 16 cookies! :)


mine crumbled because I used the Pampered Chef bar pan. Use a metal one :)



YUM-O! Enjoy my friends!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I've never tried these or anything like them so I might have to :)

BeckyJo606 said...

This looks interesting! I need to incorporate more protein in my life instead of CARBS--these look perfect!

... said...

Hello yummy treats.... :)

Amanda said...

I'm def gonna try these! We are all about healthy!

Elise said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I've been craving these lately and don't have the recipe and don't know where to get it :( Yous the best

Karen said...

These sound delicious! Healthy cookies? Yes please! :)

<3 Karen from
simplylovethisblog.blogspot.com